Our Christmas 2014

Friday 19 December 2014


Here are the bits and pieces I have been making for Christmas in situ (although I did not make everything, in fact Baby MiH had his own contribution). I love the natural theme I followed this year, but I really do not have enough ornaments for the house, but it something I can add to next year and the following ones - and replace (slowly) the ones I bought on the high street some time ago. 



The woven star was found on Etsy but they don't seem to sell them anymore.
My cross-stitched ornaments next to Baby MiH contribution
The crocheted gingerbread man from last year

No tree for us - a toddler, a baby and a Christmas tree, it was too much to handle.. However my Mum has a Christmas tree - so presents will be at the feet of a tree - and everything will be in order. 

I am really happy I had spent the time making Christmas decorations - I love how for once I can display what I have made - but maybe it is the process of making Christmas as early as I want that really appeals to me! 

10 comments:

  1. Wishing a very happy Christmas to you and your family, Nat! Even without a tree in your own home, I'm sure it will be wonderful :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given you have birth recently, girlfriend, this holiday house trimming is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful! Handmade is always far more personal than decorations you buy, so I think it is a splendid idea to fill your home with items full of love and memories. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those decorations make everything so cozy! I love the natural theme. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely, what a great idea to only have homemade decorations rather than shop bought ones. We stopped having a tree when our children were little and have never had one since preferring instead to hang up decorations like you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your theme and the pieces you incorporated! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your handmade Christmas! I, too, think that a handmade Christmas makes it feel so much more personal and cozy. Hope you and your beautiful family had a great Christmas with grandma!

    ReplyDelete