One week

Thursday 27 November 2014

I wrote a post when Baby MiH was born - just to record how I felt. And with Thanksgiving being celebrated I thought I could give you an insight on how I feel about having 2 kids - when you never expected to have any. 


I never thought I was going to have a second baby. In fact I was so adamant I was not going to have another baby that I got rid of baby clothes, steriliser, bottles. I was lucky that the prams I have can still be used by Baby MiH, otherwise they too would have gone.


But Little Baby MiH is such an obvious addition to our family. Of course we have been talking about him for 5 months now. Baby MiH knew his name and had to include him in everything he was doing with me. When Little Baby MiH came he was so excited, everything in his world revolves around what Little Baby MiH does now. Look at that smile, it is genuine, he was desperate for a brother. I had an inkling, but I had no idea how much he was actually yearning for one. Good thing too because they will have to share everything! 


Little Baby MiH completes our family - to the point that he totally slotted in our routine. He is awake to say bye to Baby MiH when he leaves for nursery, he sleeps when we eat with Baby MiH so we can focus on that (we need to) and awakes usually for bath and reading times - as if he just knew. 


I don't think I could be more grateful today. All my fears were unfounded - and I should have trusted that we were meant to be a family of 4. I cannot wait to see how the boys relationship develops and how we grow as a family and individually. 

And, as it is a time to be grateful, I am SO grateful to have met so many people through the blog that inspire me and find my blog interesting. 

Anyway normal activity real resumes and of course the MiH boys will appear soon with some new crafty projects. 

19 comments:

  1. This post is filled with so much love and joy! I'm so happy for your family of four! Congratulations again! How wonderful he is slotting in so perfectly :) the pictures are adorable. Huge hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nat you have a beautiful family.
    I feel the same as you do, never thought of having a second baby, but now that our little baby is here I couldn’t be happier and I give thanks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nat. Baby MiH looks so proud to be a big brother - it's lovely! Imagine the trouble those two will get into together when they are older ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. What a lovely family and what gorgeous photos! Wishing you all much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like one very contented and happy mama! The blanket you made looks wonderful and snugly on your wee one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing you have! I also have two sons- the perfect little family! Enjoy this very special time- they grow up way too quickly! (Mine are now 31 and 29!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely post and a lovely family. It is funny how things kind of take control of themselves. I worried about a third child in the mix (our first two are twins and were all consuming) but our third was just always meant to be there. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Nat on both your beautiful babies! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, you've got me welling up with tears! I'm so happy for you guys- your little family sounds like it is just as it was meant to be! Baby MiH looks like the proudest brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you. I love how babies sleep with abandon and how they clutch onto you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, the newest member is such a cutie! And Baby MiH is such a sweetie! Its nice that he had taken to his baby brother so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much to be thankful for! I'm so happy for you ; )
    I ave away all my baby things after our fourth. Then we had two more.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post, congratulations again. What a perfect little family you all make!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, such a beautiful, loving post. As someone not sure if I want to have a second (to make a family of 4), this is really wonderful to read. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I never thought I would get to have my second child, and at nearly 2 every day with her feels like a gift. Her big brother was raging with us for having her, but he has always adored her. Like your second, as a baby Z always just slotted in with us. Happy days, so glad to hear everything is working out for you. Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family you have. As a mother of 2 boys (who was also not keen go to through it all again with the second) I can say that it is a beautiful and wonderful thing to watch your two boys grow up together. Mine are now 12 and 8, and there is nothing in the world that can cheer them up, or make them laugh, or just make them feel as good as being with their sibling. My very best wishes for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cuteness! And that blanket pattern was such a great choice

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous post Nat. And fabulous photos too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Little late but congrats on your baby boy. Lovely pics! All the best wishes for 2015 for all of you!

    ReplyDelete