November knits | WIP {Knitting}

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Many thanks for all your lovely comments here, on IG and on Facebook following the birth of Little Baby MiH. We are now back home and enjoying family bonding time - and some knitting too in between naptimes. 


I have had a few frustrating projects lately - my first sock (ever) has turned too big and not really what I hoped for _ so that's frogged, I also started a Christmas present with what seems to be the wrong yarn. Again, frogged. So when this happens, I just take a step back with a pattern all written out  for me - and just cast on. 

The Palomino mittens is published in November knits (fairly appropriate) and I am quite in love with the pattern. And it means that I will have a second pair of mittens, they do predict a cold winter. 


I also knew that I had the perfect yarn for it, courtesy of my parents-in-law who have just returned from New Zealand. They came back with yarn that has some possum fur in it. It is a bit fuzzy, so I added a lace yarn that will highlight the cable work. 


I have managed to knit the cuffs, and struggled a bit with the set up round but now the exciting cable work is starting and I cannot wait to see it happen as I carry on with the knitting. And I do have some biscuits to keep me going. 

So what do you do when you have had some frustrating projects?

Joining others at Ginny's and KCCO today. 

9 comments:

  1. Well.......I've been known to slide it off the needles into the fire....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yarn with possum fur is pretty sweet - can't wait to see how it looks in cables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. throw it into my wicker hamper where it lingers. I saw the possum wool in NZ but was worried it might itch, interested to hear. I bought angora children's sock wool to knit socks for my hubby but have since been told it will be too soft and wont wear well, that i should have bought the 'adult' wool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to put it away, hoping it will magically transform itself. Surprisingly this strategy has not worked yet! Oooh, a knitting book I haven't seen - the library will be getting a work out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I have some frustrating projects I either go back to something really simple that cannot fail, or I do some other craft for a little bit, to get my knitting mojo back.

    The possum yarn sounds really interesting, I've never heard of that before! I'm sure it will make a lovely pair of mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Possum yarn, sounds intriguing! Frustrating projects? I usually but them away for a bit to reflect and decide what to do next :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some nice yarn, but ooh, I can't see it friendly to being ripped back. Frustrating projects? I think I swear a lot, bitch and moan, and try again. It's fun at your house. I want to come and play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the mitts are knitting up beautifully! Nothing like a new project! When a project frustrates me, I hide it away in the closet until I figure out if I want to frog it or not. Usually, I forget all about it, find it months later and frog it without feeling bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Possum wool, how cool! Aaah when a project frustrates me...a big glass of wine is in order, some dark chocolate and a flip through a magazine...hopefully to find some inspiration to keep me going!

    ReplyDelete